Pages

Turkey Stuffing Casserole

I was cleaning my fridge/freezer out a few weeks ago, and I had forgotten about a full gallon size ziploc bag of stuffing and turkey left over from Thanksgiving. Now, I don't know about you, but I am not about reheating months old leftovers and eating them. BUT, I do know the miracle of casseroles. So, I gave this recipe a shot, and it was DELISH! I do not recommend making it though for a family of 3, as we had tons of leftovers, and I ended up throwing about a quarter of the pan away after eating leftovers for 3 days. But it's great for a family dish. So, next time you're ready to toss your Thanksgiving leftovers, give this dish a try.

Turkey Stuffing Casserole

Ingredients:
1 (14 oz.) package seasoned dry stuffing
1 tsp. ground sage
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chicken broth
(Substitution: I used my gallon size ziploc bag of leftover stuffing in place of all these ingredients.)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 boneless, skinless turkey breasts - cooked and shredded
(Substitution: I used my gallon size ziploc bag of leftover turkey for this. It came to about 3 cups of shredded turkey)
1/4 cup melted butter

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Pour cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup into a medium size bowl and add 2 cans of water. Stir to combine.
3. Sprinkle 1/3 of the stuffing crumb mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch pan. Layer with 1/2 of the shredded turkey meat and pour 1/2 of the soup mixture of turkey. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the stuffing mixture over layer, followed by remaining turkey and soup mixture. Sprinkle remaining stuffing over top. Drizzle melted butter over the top of the entire mixture. Press the mixture down into the pan until firmly packed.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes until top becomes crispy.

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected