Pages

Tomato and Avacado Pico de Gallo

I LOVE pico de gallo.  More than salsa.  In fact, I'd prefer it to salsa.  I just love the fresh ingredients and chunky vegis.  Mmmmm, I'm drooling a little bit here.  When I made my "cafe rio" salads the other night, I had a problem - I forgot to add the ingredients for my pico de gallo recipe to my shopping list last week!  BAH!  Grrrr... So, I had to compromise.  I had an avacado and a tomato.  That's it.  Okay, I can work with it.  So, this is what I came up with and LOVED it!

Tomato and Avacado Pico de Gallo

Ingredients:
1 avacado, cubed
2 roma tomatoes, seeded and cubed
1/2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. onion powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected