Pages

Corned Beef

I have not one ounce of Irish blood in me.  I think that is ironic though, considering that I have Scottish and Welsh blood.  But, my hubby does.  And my niece's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day.  So, we try to celebrate a little.  And what's better than Corned Beef on St. Patty's Day?  LEFTOVERS!  We seriously love to have the leftover, cold, sliced corned beef on sandwiches.  OH CORNY GOODNESS!  (Okay, that was weird)  Here's how I fix my corned beef, which serves our family of 4 with leftovers for a few sandwiches.

Corned Beef

Ingredients:
2-3 pound Corned Beef Brisket (Flat or Point Cut) with seasoning packet
4 red potatoes, cleaned and cut into quarters
3 carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
1 small sweet onion, cut into wedges
1 cabbage head, sliced into wedges
1 1/2 cups water

Directions:
1. Place vegetables in crock pot.  Place brisket over vegetables and sprinkle with seasoning packet.  Pour water around edges of brisket.
2. Cook on low for 8-10 hours - the longer you cook the brisket, the more tender it will be and the more flavor your vegi's will have. 
3. Serve with grainy mustard or creamy horseradish. 

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected