Pages

Poultry Marinade

This recipe has been in my family as long as I can remember - my grandpa used to make it, my uncle, my dad, and now I am passing it down. It is best used with turkey breasts/tenders, but it is also great with chicken (a much cheaper option). If you absolutely want turkey here's an idea: During Thanksgiving, my mom would buy an extra turkey and debone it, then freeze it in portions for later use. A shortcut that I use though, is that when I know I am going to be making this, I buy the chicken and then before putting it in the freezer, I cut it up and put it in a ziploc bag with the marinade. Then as the chicken is defrosting, it marinades cutting out the extra time to do both.

(I am making these this week by cutting the chicken breasts into small strips, then I will thread them onto skewers to make a meat stick.)

Poultry Marinade

Ingredients:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1, 8 oz. can lemon lime soda (or 1 cup)
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in large ziploc bag. Add 2-4 chicken boneless skinless breasts (cut however you like).
2. Allow to marinade in the refrigerator a minimum of 6 hours, but no more than 24.
3. Grill over medium heat until meat is cooked through and no longer pink.

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected