Pages

Tuscan Soup

I love Olive Garden's all you can eat soup and salad lunch.  It is so yummerific.  Oh yeah, that's a word.  Look it up!  Okay, maybe not.  But it should be.  Anyhooser, I am too cheap to pay their prices.  So, I decided to make my own version of their Zuppa Toscana.  Plus, I like my soup a little less greasy, a little creamier, and a little more somethin' somethin'.  So, here is my version.

Tuscan Soup

Ingredients:
1 lb. Italian sausage
1/2 lb. bacon, chopped
3 cups water
2 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed into bite size pieces
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups chopped kale
2 cups heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In large skillet or dutch oven, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces while it cooks.  Drain and set aside.  In same skillet, brown bacon, drain.  Combine sausage and bacon in a large colander, rinse, and drain once more.  Set both aside.

2. Put potatoes, onions, and garlic in stock pot.  Cover with water and chicken broth.  Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are at tender-crisp stage.  Add meats and simmer for another 10-20 minutes.

3. Add kale and whipping cream.  Heat through.  Add salt and pepper.  Serves 6.

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected