Pages

Pureed Black Beans

We love tacos at our house.  But sometimes I get sick of refried beans.  In fact, whenever we eat out "Mexican," I get black beans instead of refried.  Speaking of great Mexican food, can I just say that Viva Zapatas here in Vegas is some of the best Mexican food I've ever laid my mouth on?  Just saying...  Anyway, so I occasionally make mashed black beans to go with our tacos.  It's very simple, although I'm sure you could make it more complicated if you wanted to cook the beans yourself in the crock pot.

Pureed Black Beans

Ingredients:
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder

Directions:
1. Pour beans into a food processor and process slightly until beans are just broken up.  Add  lime juice, garlic and onion powders and process for just a few seconds to mix. (You can puree to your desired consistency, more or less)
2. Pour mixture into microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected