Pages

Vanilla Wafers

So I am still in the process of talking about my dad.  We talked to him on Skype the other night and as always it was hard to click off.  I miss him so much.  We sent him a package a few weeks ago with a few of his favorites in it, one of those being a box of vanilla wafers.  These are his favorite cookie.  When I asked him if he had enjoyed his goodies, he told me that everything was gone already and that he did not share those with the members of his unit.  :)  How I love my dad.  So here is my recipe for vanilla wafers. 

Vanilla Wafers

Ingredients:
½ cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
1 ½ cups cake flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 Tbs. water

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
2. Cream together sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add the flour and baking powder. Add 1 tablespoon of water and continue mixing until dough forms a ball.
4. Roll dough into 3/4” balls and flatten slightly onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown.

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected