Pages

Cilantro Rice

Does anyone else love Cafe Rio? This is one of my favorite places to eat, I can never get enough of their chicken salad and I usually end up hurting myself because I eat too much of it in one sitting. Anyway, the only thing I don't like about it is the price. It costs us so much money to go and eat there! So, once again, I went on a mission to find a recipe that matched the salad dressing and rice. It was practically dead on! I didn't make the shredded chicken, but I grilled one chicken breast, which I marinated in equal parts lime juice, soy sauce, and olive oil. Next time though, I want to try the shredded chicken. This is definitely a recipe that I am going to be making at least once every two weeks if not once a week. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...........


Cilantro Rice

Ingredients:
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 bunch cilantro
1 (4 oz.) can green chiles
1 tsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 Tbs. butter
1 cup rice

Directions:
1. Blend cilantro, green chiles, and lime juice in food processor.
2. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Change to low heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected